Home
DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION
Recent news
 

André Derain 1904 - 1914. La décennie radicale is an exhibition that opened today, on the 4th of October, in Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris. The exhibition is covering the pre-war period of the French artist's work; the time when he took part in radical avant-garde art movements, experimenting with styles and art forms. Out of the 70 paintings and other Derain's works exhibited in Centre Pompidou there are some landed for the exhibition by the Pushkin State Museum: Séchage des voiles or Les Barques de pêcheurs (The Drying Sails), Le Château (The Castle) and Le Samedi (Saturday), perhaps, the most interesting of all.

(The article is available in French)

The first large exhibition of a contemporary Japanese artist Takashi Murakami in Moscow Under the Radiation Falls has opened at Garage Museum of Contemporary Art. Among other works exhibited there, there are some that came from the Pushkin State Museum's collection.

 

An article written in memory of an art historian, conservator, and an artist Nikolai Knorre, who passed away on July 29th of this year, is available in Russian only. 

He played a significant role in the life and history of The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts.

May he rest in peace. 

Our projects

Nisa rhytons are one of the most characteristic examples of Hellenistic art. They are mentioned in nearly every published study on both Parthian art and eastern Hellenism art. Made of ivory, these objects hadn't had any known analogies for a long time, and only recently two more ivory rhyton fragments have been found during excavations in Takhti-Sangin and Ai-Khanum.

 

The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts with The Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation and The Collection of Sculptures from the State Museums of Berlin are starting a project on research and conservation of sculptures from the collection of transferred art. These pieces originally belonged to the museum of Kaiser Friedrich in Berlin, whose legal successor is currently the Bode Museum, and were brought to Moscow in 1946.

Сайты Музея